October 10, 2013

Raspberry Brie Bites Recipe

So, I have 2 things that I'm so excited to share with you today. The first is a brand new recipe for a delicious "Raspberry Brie Bites" appetizer, and the second is that I'm sharing this recipe with my very first video! Now, I'm aware that this video has the film quality of a TV commercial shot in the 1960's (yep I'm a regular Suzy Homemaker), but since we're all about the learning process here on CSS and this is my first attempt, I plan to learn from my mistakes so that future videos will be better. Mistakes like shooting at nighttime with inadequate lighting (duh!) - lesson learned. But, cinematography aside, I'm excited to be able to share this recipe with you in a new way.


Let's get down to the good stuff, shall we? So, this recipe was inspired by an appetizer that was served at a couple of weddings I attended this summer. They were so good that I just had to attempt to recreate them. This final recipe came to be after trying options with wontons, pastry dough, and phyllo dough, each of which was tried in both the oven and a deep fryer. After some serious taste-testing, my roommate and I deemed the deep fried phyllo dough ones to be the very best. They were lightly crisped on the outside and warm and gooey on the inside.

The recipe is super simple and only requires brie, raspberry fruit spread ( I used Hero brand), phyllo dough ( can be found at the grocery store), buttermilk, and canola oil for the deep fryer. If you don't have a deep fryer, you can definitely try baking these in the oven instead. Now, get watching, get cooking, and let me know what you think of these little apps and my amateur video!



6 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this! Many of my readers wanted to know where to find it xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can attest to how amazing these are!!! Thanks again for sharing love-- the recipe AND your finished product :)

    ReplyDelete