July 24, 2011

Skull Earrings

The earrings I made today actually started out as a bathing suit. I removed all the beads and tassels because I was using the suit itself for another project that I will be showing soon. (something to look forward to!)


I thought the beads and tassels were pretty cool on their own so i didn't want to just throw them away. And so my earring project began. The other things i needed were artists wire, earring hooks, and wire cutter. Also judging by these photos i could have used a new camera too.


First I thread the wire through the tassel.


Next I strung the skull bead onto the wire.


I looped the earring hook through the wire and wrapped the wire around the base a few times to make sure it was secure. Then I cut off the extra wire.


Repeat these steps for the second earring and that's all there is to it!


This is what they look like on... Pretty fun huh?


1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy,
    I just wanted to let you know that I featured your tutorial on my site, www.AllFreeBeadedJewelry.com. I linked to this project:
    http://www.allfreebeadedjewelry.com/Strung-Earrings/Skull-Tassel-Earrings

    I would like to know if I can link like this to you, including a photo, in the future. Or if you would be willing to allow me to post projects in full on the site - full credit will always be given to you, of course. Your projects have the opportunity to be featured in our newsletter as well. It would be yet another source of traffic to your blog.


    Please let me know, I would love to work with you further.
    Thanks!
    Maggie Kmiecik
    mkmiecik@primecp.com

    ReplyDelete