April 24, 2015

Aragosta Bar and Bistro // Boston Waterfront

Last week I dined at Aragosta Bar & Bistro for the first time with my good friend Melanie of Young Women in Digital. Having just recently heard of the restaurant myself, I wanted to share our experience so you could be sure to include Aragosta on your list of must-try restaurants in Boston!

Located on Boston’s waterfront at the Battery Wharf Hotel, Aragosta flaunts a beautiful view of the harbor from their gorgeous outdoor terrace. If the weather is right, like it was last week, a stroll through the North End is the perfect way to get there. Of course, my stroll was more of a speed walk, as in typical Amy-fashion I was running a bit late that evening!

The first thing we saw upon arrival at Aragosta was the outdoor terrace, which features urban fire pits and comfy seating. The fire pits add a fun flare to the restaurant as guests can enjoy make-your-own s’mores and cheese fondue from the menu! The terrace continues along to the back of the restaurant where you can enjoy your meal while looking out over the water. The outdoor seating is perfect for dining or drinks in the spring and summer!


Once inside the restaurant, we received exceptional service, and a menu that was to die for! We started with the Tomato & Buratta Flatbread and the Mushroom & Gorgonzola Flatbread which were available in half portions so that we got to enjoy both of them. And enjoy them we did! Upon our waiter’s suggestion, we ordered the lobster risotto to share next. As a lobster lover, I can’t even tell you how grateful I was for the suggestion. Every single bite was mouthwatering, and I wish that I had another bowl of it in front of me right now!

For our main meal, Melanie and I both decided on the Braised Short Ribs which were served with vanilla bean & lobster smashed potatoes, (seriously can’t get enough lobster!) steakhouse spinach, and fried leeks. The short ribs were cooked to perfection, and the vegetables were so full of flavor - I would order this meal again in a heartbeat!


While we barely left any room it, we knew that the only way to complete our experience at Aragosta was to try the dessert. Melanie chose the Chef’s Creme Brûlée with Almond Biscotti, and I had the Sorbetto with Mini North End Cookies. The sorbetto was served in 3 flavors - limoncello, raspberry, and blood orange. Even after enjoying our appetizers and main meal, it was easy to finish every last bite of these delectable desserts.

I highly recommend visiting Aragosta Bar & Bistro, especially now that the nice weather is here. I will most certainly be going back to enjoy my meal out on the terrace and to give those s’mores a try!

0 so far:

Post a Comment