July 31, 2012

Black & White vs Color

Have you ever taken photos and thought about how nice they would look in black and white only to experience separation anxiety when you leave the colored option behind? I had a momentary internal struggle with that today and then realized hey, I don't have to choose! It's interesting to see the two options side by side and to know that even though you're looking at the same photo, they appear to tell two different stories. 

These photos were all taken during my stay on Cape Cod last weekend. I find that there's just something about the Cape that calls for black and white photos. Even simple everyday objects seem so much more quaint when they're on Cape Cod, and I think black and white photos are especially successful at capturing quaintness. So without further ado, here are my black and white photos and their colored counterparts that I couldn't leave behind...




   

0 so far:

Post a Comment