August 24, 2012

The Sun Sets on Another Year

It's that time of the year where there are decisions to be made. Time to choose whether you'll make it or break it. You'll get the inevitable phone call with the big question, and the next 365 days of your life are hanging on that answer. When my roommate and I got the call last week, our answer came easily... yes, we'll re-sign the lease!

I've been living in Quincy just a month shy of one year now, and I have to say that I'm surprised by how many things I love about it. On my 'favorite things about Quincy' list that I obviously keep, location ranks numero uno. I love living just outside Boston where I can feel the comfort of the suburbs, but still have a quick ride to the city - by car or by train. I've said it before, but I really do love being a part of the busyness of the city, and also having the option to separate myself from it if I want to.

As an artist I've always found that I'm better able to express myself visually rather than verbally. I think these next few photos pretty much sum up what I'm trying to say. Being on a beach as the sun goes down is about as serene as you can get, and yet, if you look right across the calm water, there's that wonderful city I was telling you about. I feel as though I get the best of both worlds, and I'm happy to be staying for another year... not to mention that the sunsets are incredible over here!







PS if you want to see more photos of my adventures and the things that I love, be sure to...

 

2 comments:

  1. Pleasure meeting you last night! I didn't realize we are also neighbors (I just moved to Milton this year). Big change from Cambridge but so far so good!! If anyone can inspire me to be crafty and DIY looks like you can;) Off to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Noelani!! It was so nice chatting with you! Welcome to the neighborhood, I hope to see you around! In the meantime I hope you find some DIYs that suit your fancy... I'm headed to Mon Petit Chou Chou for some outfit inspiration!

    ReplyDelete